[PySide] GSoC

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Thu Feb 21 18:01:35 CET 2013

Vláďa wrote:
> I'm wondering if there are any plans to join Google Summer of Code this year. For me the most important issue regarding PySide is missing Qt 5 support. I need Qt 5 because of Qt Quick 2 and Qt Mobility.
>
> Also I think that another good project would to investigate how to use PySide to program for Ubuntu tablet and phone. AFAIK currently Qt with C++ is suggested for phones and PyGTK for tablets. If PySide can be used for all platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop) it would be great.
>
> Maybe some people would be able to work on these tasks during GSoC. What do you think?

I think it does require having one or more mentors that work with the
students.  Also, I remember some Python related open source projects
working through the PSF to participate in GSoC, probably because of
requirements of there being some sort of legal entity.  If it turns out
there are mentors and this is needed, I could ask contacts I have at the
PSF about it.  I'm a member there and have been active on the board in
the past.

- Stephan