[PySide] PySide for Android & comprehensive build and usage guide

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:55:06 CET 2013

On 20-02-13 21:07, robbert wrote:
>> This basically means, that it is now possible to write Python & PySide
>> applications that can be installed from standalone APK packages to
>> non-rooted user devices, just like any other Android application.
>
> Great work! This is what I've been waiting for, for a long time.
> I followed your guide for creating a package (not building PySide).
> I tried this on two machines, both are able to 'build' a package, and
> deploy it to the device. Sadly, both packages give the error:
> "Unfortunately, PySideExample has stopped".
> (Your precompiled package works nicely)

indeed a great job. !!  but ...
I tried to run the pre compiled version on  Samsung Note-10 (runs
perfect)  and on my Samsung phone S-plus (crashed "Your application
encountered a fatal error and cannot continue").

Compiling the package myself, resulted in the same errors as above
"Unfortunately, PySideExample has stopped".

Any clue what's the problem ?
And in more general, what are the possibilities to debug these kind of
errors/problems ?

thanks,
Stef