[PySide] PySide is Dead?

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Fri Jan 18 21:13:44 CET 2013

On 1/18/13 2:21 PM, Nik Melchior wrote:
> While this discussion has been alternating between despair and hope, I've
> taken matters into my own hands on a PySide ticket that I reported,
> PYSIDE-130 [0].  I have a series of 2 patches to add pyside-lupdate support
> for translatorcomment and lengthvariant fields in TS files.

Thanks!

> What is the best way to get these changes incorporated?  A gitorious merge
> request?  'git format-patch' to this mailing list?  Create a Qt account and
> submit patches there?  How likely is it that someone with commit permission
> will be able to review and sign off on my patches?

As far as I know, patches need to be submitted via
codereview.qt-project.org and the gerrit code review system.  You'll
need an account on codereview and to go through the steps required to be
a contributor before you can push your changes to gerrit.  Hugo is the
only reviewer for PySide that I know of.  There was discussion of adding
more reviewers, but I don't think it went anywhere.

John