[PySide] cxfreeze and PySide 1.2.0

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Thu Jul 11 14:43:36 CEST 2013

On 7/10/2013 3:28 PM, John Ehresman wrote:
>> So, what is the correct fix?  I think that import in sbkmodule.cpp does
>> right to set the PyErr, but the calling code copied above originating
>> from typesystem_core_common.xml (I think?) doesn't check PyErr_Occurred
>> and I don't know how the error should propagate in the abstract
>> conditions of typesystem_core_common.xml.
>
> The code needs to check if atexit is NULL and possibly just print a
> warning and continue without registering the handler.  The problem is
> that segfaults can occur at shutdown (I think) if the handler isn't run.

I'm working up a patch for this.  Two questions:

What is the correct submission routine?  I signed up on gerrit at
qt-project.org; do I now just push to
git://gitorious.org/pyside/pyside.git and it magically appears for review?

How does one do incremental builds of pyside?  So far I haven't gotten
deeper than "python setup.py build", but that takes ages.

Joel