[PySide] cxfreeze and PySide 1.2.0

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 20:04:43 CEST 2013

2013/7/11 Roman Lacko <backup.rlacko at gmail.com>

> 2013/7/11 Matthew Woehlke <matthew.woehlke at kitware.com>
>
>> On 2013-07-11 08:43, Joel B. Mohler wrote:
>> > How does one do incremental builds of pyside?  So far I haven't gotten
>> > deeper than "python setup.py build", but that takes ages.
>>
>> I'm using CMake+ninja to build PySide... AFAIK incremental for that
>> should Just Work. (At least it does for other projects I have using
>> shiboken.) You can use any generator you like with CMake; I'm just
>> partial to ninja because it is fast and has good features.
>>
>> As I've used that also to install PySide with success (on Linux at
>> least), I'm not sure why you would need to use the setup.py.
>>

> Matthew is right about cmake+tools...The pyside-setup project (setup.py)
> was created for end users who don't need to change pyside and shiboken
> sources and who wan't just install pyside in system and also for
> distribution creators (like me). For daily core development it is better to
> use cmake+whatever tool is neded.

BTW, regarding to core development, I'm planning to create the buildout [1]
enabled project [2] for PySide development. It will help developers to
setup complete environmet for Qt and PySide development.

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/2.2.0
[2] https://github.com/PySide/pyside-buildout