[PySide] cxfreeze and PySide 1.2.0

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 19:55:15 CEST 2013

2013/7/11 Matthew Woehlke <matthew.woehlke at kitware.com>

> On 2013-07-11 08:43, Joel B. Mohler wrote:
> > How does one do incremental builds of pyside?  So far I haven't gotten
> > deeper than "python setup.py build", but that takes ages.
>
> I'm using CMake+ninja to build PySide... AFAIK incremental for that
> should Just Work. (At least it does for other projects I have using
> shiboken.) You can use any generator you like with CMake; I'm just
> partial to ninja because it is fast and has good features.
>
> As I've used that also to install PySide with success (on Linux at
> least), I'm not sure why you would need to use the setup.py.

Matthew is right about cmake+tools...The pyside-setup project (setup.py)
was created for end users who don't need to change pyside and shiboken
sources and who wan't just install pyside in system and also for
distribution creators (like me). For daily core development it is better to
use cmake+whatever tool is neded.

-Roman