[PySide] Qt5 support

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Thu Jul 11 21:53:50 CEST 2013

On 7/11/13 11:40 AM, Fabien Castan wrote:
> Has someone started some development or test for Qt5 support?
> I don’t know what is the difficulty to switch to Qt5. There is always a
> discussion about improving the binding tool with the binding of Qt5. Are
> these improvements really needed for Qt5 support?

We talked about this at the sprint and decided to look at alternative
binding tools in conjunction with supporting Qt5.  The goal will be a
set of bindings that the developers who are currently supporting PySide
can more easily support and maintain.  None of us were involved with the
development of shiboken and we would like to look at alternatives.

That said, developer could begin looking at the changes required by Qt
5.  PySide is developed and maintained by the community and well thought
out patches and other changes to support Qt 5 would likely be accepted.

Cheers,

John