[PySide] Installing Qt Quick Controls

Payam Shiva payaam.shivaa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 14:36:37 CEST 2013

The newest version is based on Qt Quick 2.0 thus it only works on Qt5. But
Desktop Components have been in development for a long time and earlier
versions should work on Qt4 as well.

There is a StackOverflow answer[1] explaining how to install it as a Qt 4.7
plugin, but I don't understand how to translate it to PySide. I use the
binary package of PySide 1.2 on windows 7. Should I start with Qt 4.8
source, compile it, compile and install desktop components, then compile
PySide? Or can I use binary packages for Qt and PySide and just compile
desktop components? Which steps should I take to achieve that? In any
situation, where can I find the latest version working with Qt4?

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6298584/installing-qt-quick-components-for-desktop-for-use-with-qt-creator