[PySide] Cutting PySide 1.1.3 with Qt 4.8.4 (Was: typesystem_core_common.xml memoryleak remains)

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Mon Jun 17 18:02:58 CEST 2013

On 6/15/13 2:46 PM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are plenty of bugs fixed since Qt 4.8.2 [1][2] and PySide 1.1.2
> [3], so it seems to be a good time to cut a new PySide release. Anybody
> knows how to do this? I expected to find release checklist here  -
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySideDevelopment - but couldn't find any.

I want to do a release soon.  There are a few changes that are in
process on gerrit that I would like to land and it looks like multiple
tests are failing with Python 3.3, at least on OS X.  I will be looking
at the failures.

I'm planning to call the release 1.2 -- some of the changes since 1.1.2
are significant in terms of preventing segfaults.  Note that pyside
itself isn't dependent on the newer Qt versions -- the current release
works with Qt 4.8.4 as well as with older versions.

> 3. actually, there is not enough information about issues affecting
> 1.1.2 at
>     https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE/fixforversion/12609

I don't know what you're getting at here.  Are you looking for a list of
all known bugs?

Cheers,

John