[PySide] Submitting PySide patches

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Fri Jun 21 19:30:12 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-21 13:13, John Cummings wrote:
>>> Can Gerrit be set up to add default reviewers?
>> Good question. Maybe not in the way you can with RB, but we generally
>> have interested parties set to receive mail related to specific
>> projects, which is about the same difference. (So I guess what I'm
>> really asking is if you and/or other maintainers get mail for new
>> requests without having to be specifically added?)

Apparently *users* can do this with git receive-pack¹.

(¹
http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.1.6/user-upload.html#push_create)

> I get a code review email when my name gets added as a reviewer for a specific
> patch. I do not believe receive an email otherwise. In any case, you should be
> able to ask for either of us John's to review the patch.

Have you (and/or John E.) considered subscribing to pyside and/or
shiboken? Having the maintainers subscribed to get mail for all requests
for those projects is probably not a bad idea, especially as us
neophytes are likely to not assign reviewers otherwise (due to any
combination of ignorance, inexperience, and/or forgetfulness).

> Right now I'm working my way through a series of patches that John Ehresman
> submitted for my review. So, feel free to add another one. Yours can't possibly
> get into as many low-level aspects of PyObject as some of John's patches have. ;-)

Definitely not :-). https://codereview.qt-project.org/58889 and
https://codereview.qt-project.org/58890 are both whitespace-only. All
they do is add spaces between string literals and identifier-like
tokens, which are required in C++11 to prevent the compiler thinking you
are using special literals.

--
Matthew