[PySide] Submitting PySide patches (Matthew Woehlke)

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Sat Jun 22 23:02:02 CEST 2013

On 6/22/13 11:14 AM, Johnny Casey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at
> Change I99f2d3c6: generator/shiboken/cppgenerator.cpp
> Lines 1717, 1751 don't look like white space changes.  They change the
> actual strings from
> "SBK_STR_NAME" ("\"SBK_STR_NAME\"")
> " SBK_STR_NAME" ("\" SBK_STR_NAME\"")
> since SBK_STR_NAME isn't a symbol, but rather the string contents.

It turns out that the strings here are written out inside a string
context; in other words after an initial " has been written to the
generated file.  The first " closes the string, then SBK_STR_NAME is
written, and then the trailing " starts the string again.  So, the
generated output for part of the shiboken test suite will be
   const char* overloads[] = {"sample.PStr, " SBK_STR_NAME "", 0};
where it was
   const char* overloads[] = {"sample.PStr, "SBK_STR_NAME"", 0};

This is part of what confused the bot and me until I ran the test suite
and looked at the generated output.

Thanks for looking at this!  The more people looking at changes like
this and understanding how shiboken works, the better.

John