[PySide] Submitting PySide patches (Matthew Woehlke)

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Mon Jun 24 18:37:19 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-22 11:14, Johnny Casey wrote:
> Looking at
> Change I99f2d3c6: generator/shiboken/cppgenerator.cpp
> Lines 1717, 1751 don't look like white space changes.  They change the actual strings from
> "SBK_STR_NAME" ("\"SBK_STR_NAME\"")
> " SBK_STR_NAME" ("\" SBK_STR_NAME\"")
> since SBK_STR_NAME isn't a symbol, but rather the string contents.

Ah, yes, that explains the bot behavior (which is actually reasonable,
now that you point out it - unlike git diff - is clever enough to
consider whitespace changes inside string literals as different from
outside). Thanks for looking into that.

John E. already covered what's actually happening; effectively this is
arranging for the generated code to have the same change as the directly
compiled code.

(Also, as this is merged now, can one of you please close
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-165? I either can't
close it myself, or it isn't obvious how to do so.)

--
Matthew