[PySide] The problem of bulid Pyside on Windows with MinGW

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Sun May 5 19:08:13 CEST 2013

On 5/5/13 4:10 AM, Peng Feixiang wrote:
> I checked http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building/PySide/on_Windows and only
> Visual Studio is used to build PySide on Windows. But for some reason I
> have to use MinGW to build PySide.
> I feel that the lack of defination in MinGW leads to the problem"type
> 'POINT' is specified in typesystem, but not defined". Then I found the
> defination of POINT under "mingw/include/windef.h"(the defination of
> POINT under "mingw/include/winuser.h"), I changed the file
> "*QtCore/typesystem/core/win.xml*":

I think you're on the right track here.  You may want to check to make
sure that the generated file was regenerated and that winuser.h is the
file being included.  If that's the case, it's probably worth looking at
winuser.h to see why POINT isn't defined; maybe there's an #ifdef.  You
could also try including windows.h, which is the usual way to bring in
the win32 api definitions but _might_ cause other problems.

Thanks,

John