[PySide] The problem of bulid Pyside on Windows with MinGW

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Sun May 5 22:56:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

2013/5/5 Peng Feixiang <pengfx at yeah.net>

> Hi,all
>
> I checked http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building*PySide*on_Windows and only
> Visual Studio is used to build PySide on Windows. But for some reason I
> have to use MinGW to build PySide.
>
> I'm trying to build PySide on Windows with MinGW, with the following
> command:
>
> c:\Python27\python.exe setup.py bdist_wininst --make-spec=mingw
> --qmake=c:\Qt\qt-4.8.4-mingw-x32\bin\qmake.exe
>
> shiboken build should be OK, but QtCore failed with error:
>
> [ 18%] Building CXX object PySide/QtCore/CMakeFiles/QtCore.dir/PySide/QtCore/point_wrapper.cpp.obj
> g++.exe: D:\binding_project\PySide-1.1.2\pyside_build\py2.7-qt4.8.4-32bit-release\pyside\PySide\QtCore\PySide\QtCore\point_wrapper.cpp: No such file or directory
> g++.exe: no input files
> mingw32-make[2]: *** [PySide/QtCore/CMakeFiles/QtCore.dir/PySide/QtCore/point_wrapper.cpp.obj] Error 1
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [PySide/QtCore/CMakeFiles/QtCore.dir/all] Error 2
> mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> the error is due to generator warning:
>
> [  3%]
> Running generator for QtCore...
> type 'POINT' is specified in typesystem, but not defined. This could potentially lead to compilation errors.
>
> Then I tried to solve this problem. I found that:
>
>    -
>
>    *Core/CMakeList.txt* includes the following 5 lines
>
>        if(ENABLE_WIN)
>            set(SPECIFIC_OS_FILES
>            ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/PySide/QtCore/msg_wrapper.cpp
>            ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/PySide/QtCore/point_wrapper.cpp
>        )
>
>    -

If you look in
pyside_build\py2.7-qt4.8.4-32bit-release\pyside\PySide\QtCore\PySide\QtCore
you will find that
msg_wrapper.cpp is generated and point_wrapper.cpp is not, which is strange
because MSG struct is also missing from wtypes.h,  it's defined in
winuser.h. I will look at this tomorrow.

Regards
-Roman