[PySide] learning PySide with PyQt book

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Fri May 24 19:39:45 CEST 2013

Hi Gour,

If you're talking about Summerfield's book, then yes, I think it works
alright for learning PySide. However, it does use some older coding
conventions, so you'll have to watch out for that. I haven't finished
reading it, but I do know that he's using the old school way of connecting
signals to slots.

As for Qt5, I don't know enough about it to know.

What's in wxWidgets 3 that you absolutely need? I have yet to find anything
that wx can't do (except for silly stuff like skinning).

- Mike

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> having doubt if wxWidgets-3.0 is going to be released ever, I've dediced
> to do
> my project with Python-3 & Qt.
>
> Considering I've the PyQt book I am interested if it is still good resource
> for learning PySide and whether the migration to Qt5 won't be too
> difficult in
> the future?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour
>
> --
> While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person
> develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust
> develops, and from lust anger arises.
>
> http://www.atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: 52B5C810

Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http://blog.pythonlibrary.org