[PySide] Bindings for Linux

Otto Chiu ochiu at teslamotors.com
Wed May 29 21:05:26 CEST 2013

Hi Zak,
Sorry I wasn't clear. The "our libraries" are written in C++ using the Qt framework and compiled as dlls using MSVC2008. We use Shiboken to create bindings so that we can use the libraries in Python.

We don't anticipate the need to compile the PySide libraries from source, but from what I understand, we do need to make bindings to the code we wrote in C++. The code will be recompiled as Linux shared libraries, most likely using g++. It will be nice if we can continue to use Shiboken to create the bindings. I have read some tutorials about a year ago, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Thanks,
Otto