[PySide] Bindings for Linux

Zak pyside at m.allo.ws
Wed May 29 20:21:21 CEST 2013

Hello Otto,

When you talk about building "our libraries" and making bindings for the
libraries, are you talking about PySide and Qt, or custom libraries that
you wrote, or other third-party libraries, or some combination?

With respect to PySide and Qt, you probably don't need to compile
anything or make any bindings yourself. Many Linux distributions have
precompiled PySide binaries, see here:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Binaries_Linux

If you have a different flavor of Linux or want a newer version, then
you can rebuild PySide from source, the link above also has instructions
for that.

If you are talking about custom libraries or third-party libraries, then
I am afraid we need more information. Also, there is a good chance that
it is not relevant to this mailing list, because this is the PySide
mailing list. We can suggest other mailing lists, if given enough
information. Here are some relevant questions:

1. What are the libraries?

2. Are the libraries written in C or C++?

3. What C or C++ compiler do you use on Windows: Visual Studio, MinGW,
or something else?

4. What tool do you use to make Python bindings: ctypes, Cython, SWIG,
Shiboken, or something else?

Good luck,

Zak Fallows