[PySide] Deploying a PySide app on OS X

Sean Fisk sean at seanfisk.com
Mon Nov 4 01:49:30 CET 2013

Hi Jon,

I am successfully deploying a .app bundle with the same versions of OS X,
Python, and PySide using py2app. The file generated by py2applet
--make-setup rarely works as-is. In particular, I had to add PySide.QtCoreand
PySide.QtGui to the list of modules to include, e.g.,

APP = ['...']
DATA_FILES = []
OPTIONS = {
    'argv_emulation': True,
    'includes': ['PySide.QtCore', 'PySide.QtGui'],
}

setup(
    app=APP,
    data_files=DATA_FILES,
    options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
    setup_requires=['py2app'],
)

Include other PySide modules as well if you are using something other than
QtGui.

Hope this helps,

--
Sean Fisk