[PySide] PySide on OS X

Tim Doty thoromyr at mac.com
Sun Nov 10 23:35:09 CET 2013

Thanks both for your input, I really appreciate it. Several things broke for me after upgrading to 10.9 and so far only one has been resolved (its an app that is distributed as a binary, but uses Qt — and Python IIRC). Reinstalling the app fixed it.

I’ve dug around some more and was able to get two apps to work by by changing PYTHONPATH and, while I understand why that works, I don’t understand why it was needed. Particularly after a reinstall. Its possible that all the upgrades over the years have caused a problem somewhere: the system is only a year old, but I keep moving forward from one system to the next and started pretty much when Apple went Intel. I know there’s some cruft accumulated in ~/Library, just not clear what to do about it.

And at a future date I may take you (Sean) up on your offer about distribution code. Too many projects ATM and getting the one app to work has allowed other things to keep me busy :)

Thanks again!

Tim Doty