[PySide] PySide on OS X

Zak pyside at m.allo.ws
Sun Nov 10 22:32:49 CET 2013

Hello Tim,

I am using PySide with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and everything is working
fine. Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Python 2.7.5 from Python.org (not Homebrew)
PySide 1.1.1 (I downloaded the prebuilt binaries)
Qt 4.8.2 (I downloaded the prebuilt binaries)
PyQt 4.9.4 (just FYI)

All of those libraries are 64-bit. I originally installed PySide (and
PyQt4) on OS X 10.8, and when I upgraded to 10.9 everything just
continued working.

I have several PySide and PyQt applications that I bundled into
single-file executables with PyInstaller, and all of those still work
fine on OS X 10.9. They use various versions of PySide, PyQt, and Qt.

I have no idea why it works for me and not for you. For me, upgrading to
OS X 10.9 broke precisely one thing: Little Snitch. And there was a new
version available for download from the Little Snitch website that fixed
it. It was really a seamless upgrade, and I love all the new features in
10.9.

Good luck,

Zak Fallows