[PySide] Install via pip fails on OS X Mavericks

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Sun Apr 13 19:49:44 CEST 2014

On 4/13/14, 11:29 AM, Roman Lacko wrote:
> If your osx fixes are allready merged in official shiboken repository at
> gitorious and John as main maintainer and release manager agreed, we can
> start the release process.
>
> John, is there any time schedule for new release ?

I think we should do a release soon (maybe in the next couple of days),
for this and for Python 3.4 support.

Christian mentioned wheels -- AFAIK wheels are not yet suitable as a
binary distribution format for extension modules on OS X or for Linux.
I also would not assume that a binary compiled on Mavericks will work on
earlier OS X releases.  I generally compile on the earliest OS X or
Linux version the binaries need to run on.

Cheers,

John