[PySide] Where is PySide 1.2.2 ???

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Apr 25 03:21:20 CEST 2014

Hey guys,

this is an unfriendly email by intent. My patience is over.
This is not my regular style, be assured.

I am annoyed, and I am yelling out loud!
=============================

There is now, after way too many months, PySide 1.2.2 on Gerrit,
actually since 2014-04-22. Way, way too late.

Yes, there have been refinements to the demos, but that is not
the point: We have a working solution in the repos, and we did
not make sure to deliver it just in time!

This is a situation that I cannot understand and do not support:

What do we actually want to achieve?
==========================

I want people to use PySide, easily, without any worries, and without
having to wait eons to build PySide at home.
No idea what others want, but this bottleneck must definitely go away.
Now.

Mac OS/X Mavericks is waiting for its trivial patch since
October 22, 2013 since it was released.

We now have 2014-04-25, six months later, and still, "pip install pyside"
crashes on OS/X Mavericks!!

How comes? Who does not care? Why is PySide 1.2.2 not already here?
Who is waiting for what, exactly???

Procrastination does not help anybody!
===============================

I am sorry but whatever you say about it, I am annoyed and upset.
We have to deliver! If PySide should make any sense, we should make
sure that we always deliver in time after we have solved a problem.

If we don't deliver when we could, then we need to change our structure.

Yes, people are just volunteers. Me too. But that is no excuse.
Somebody has to step up and be the driving person for a release.

Stepping up
===========

And if a release does not happen until this Sunday (2014-04-27),
I will do a PySide 1.2.2 build for Mavericks and submit it under a
similar but
different name on PyPI. No matter what the consequences are, because
I am upset and annoyed, and you don't want me like this, for sure.

Please avoid this and deliver, right now!

Cheers - Chris

Christian Tismer             :^)   tismer at stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 121     :     http://www.pydica.net/
14482 Potsdam                :     GPG key -> 0xFB7BEE0E
phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023