[PySide] PySide 1.2.2 OS/X wheels

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Apr 28 23:13:31 CEST 2014

Hi Brett,

On 28/04/14 22:22, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Wheels and eggs for python 2.6 2.7 3.3 3.4
>> compiled for OS/X 10.6 10.7 10.8 10.9 are built and uploaded.
>>
>> Until the uploads appear on the official download site,
>> you can use this command to download and install pyside:
>>
>> $ pip install -U PySide --use-wheel -f
>> https://bitbucket.org/pydica/pyside-setup/downloads
>>
>> $ python (somepath)/bin/pyside_postinstall.py -install
>>
>> There are two little problems in this build.
>>
>> Buglet 1:
>> "pyside_postinstall.py" is in the bin folder, but does not work
>> because OSX 10.9 needs the shebang line which is missing.
>>
>> Buglet 2:
>> There is one single combination missing:
>> - python 3.4 on OSX 10.7 crashes during its build.
>>  This needs to be fixed at python.org.
>
> Thank you so much for your work on this - it will make a huge
> difference to using Qt on OSX.

Thank you! Yes, that was what I always wanted to have for OSX.

Actually, I build things quite often in the last days, which was
a boring, manual task, and error-prone to get right.

So on Saturday I started hacking a script together that builds
everything from a single command line, builds all the 16 pythons
and then builds all the wheels and eggs in parallel batches.
This uses the original pyside_build as a sub-process.

Just the uploading to Bitbucket is still manual, until I find a way
to script that as well.
Maybe I should simply put that on a different site that I directly
control.

I will upload that script somewhere, soon.
It was interesting to make a bootstrap from nothing, that manages to
install everything alone for all python versions.

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023