[PySide] PySide 1.2.2 OS/X wheels

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:23:52 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
> Hi Brett,
>
> On 28/04/14 22:22, Matthew Brett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Wheels and eggs for python 2.6 2.7 3.3 3.4
>>> compiled for OS/X 10.6 10.7 10.8 10.9 are built and uploaded.
>>>
>>> Until the uploads appear on the official download site,
>>> you can use this command to download and install pyside:
>>>
>>> $ pip install -U PySide --use-wheel -f
>>> https://bitbucket.org/pydica/pyside-setup/downloads
>>>
>>> $ python (somepath)/bin/pyside_postinstall.py -install
>>>
>>> There are two little problems in this build.
>>>
>>> Buglet 1:
>>> "pyside_postinstall.py" is in the bin folder, but does not work
>>> because OSX 10.9 needs the shebang line which is missing.
>>>
>>> Buglet 2:
>>> There is one single combination missing:
>>> - python 3.4 on OSX 10.7 crashes during its build.
>>>  This needs to be fixed at python.org.
>>
>> Thank you so much for your work on this - it will make a huge
>> difference to using Qt on OSX.
>
> Thank you! Yes, that was what I always wanted to have for OSX.
>
> Actually, I build things quite often in the last days, which was
> a boring, manual task, and error-prone to get right.
>
> So on Saturday I started hacking a script together that builds
> everything from a single command line, builds all the 16 pythons
> and then builds all the wheels and eggs in parallel batches.
> This uses the original pyside_build as a sub-process.
>
> Just the uploading to Bitbucket is still manual, until I find a way
> to script that as well.
> Maybe I should simply put that on a different site that I directly
> control.
>
> I will upload that script somewhere, soon.
> It was interesting to make a bootstrap from nothing, that manages to
> install everything alone for all python versions.

The script sounds very useful it would be good to have it accessible somewhere?

Did you build the e.g. OSX 10.7 wheels specifically with the 10.7 SDK?
 Maybe it would have been simpler to build them all with the 10.6 SDK
and Python.org python, then rename them for the OSX / architecture
version?  That's what MinRK is doing for his OSX wheels here:
http://kerbin.bic.berkeley.edu/wheelhouse/

I guess you didn't build against the Python.org or System python -
because there are no '-intel' wheels?

Thanks again,

Matthew