[PySide] Python vs Cython init

Marc.Poinot at onera.fr Marc.Poinot at onera.fr
Mon Aug 25 15:43:31 CEST 2014

Hi all,

reading the Andrei Kopats article (http://enki-editor.org/2014/08/23/Pyqt_mem_mgmt.html)regarding the memory init, it reminds me an issue I've had.
It's related to an issue I had with the object init, using the same lines with python and then with cython.
The cython init is not the same as the python one, at least when you write your own C++ wrapper, but in that case I have no way to modify the actual C++ wrapper.

Cython based files do crash with these two calls:

# --- crash stack ends with:
# Shiboken::String::toCString(_object*, long*)
# PySide::Signal::getCallbackSignature(char const*, QObject*, _object*, bool)

See the attached file for the test, now my applications are using plain python files to avoid the issue, but I'd rather use cython files.
So I wonder if it's an expected behavior, a bad install on my platform or a known issue with PySide.

-MP-

--
-- Marc POINOT [ONERA/DSNA] Tel:+33.1.46.73.42.84  Fax:+33.1.46.73.41.66