[PySide] Let's get serious for Pyside to support Qt5

David Anes david.anes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:02:25 CET 2014

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately my experience says that we, as a opensource community, can
not rely on companies. Today a company is willing to help, tomorrow not...
too volatile.

I would prefer a sane opensource project that doesn't depend on big
companies. But this is only my humble (and possible dumb) opinion :D

Regards,
David.

> http://www.sidefx.com/ Just started using PySide in Houdini 14.
>
> There are a lot of companies that do this and I think when they make the
> move from Qt4 to Qt5 for their applications this problem will solve it self.
>
> But just guessing.
>
> Cheers,
> Erik
>
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org>
> wrote:
>
>> * Stany MARCEL <stanypub at gmail.com> [2014-12-10 17:31:44 +0100]:
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > Maybe a crowd funding to hire a full time developer should be a good
>> idea.
>> > VLC association have done a kickstarter to fund the dev of VLC windows 8
>> > support.
>>
>> I'd be in!
>>
>> > Is pyside currently only community driven or is there any association or
>> > company behind, that could organize that.
>>
>> According to the Wikipedia page it was released by Nokia, so probably
>> Digia / The Qt Company would be the one to contact nowadays.
>>
>> Florian
>>
>> --
>> http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
>>              GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
>>          I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/

> *Erik Johansson*
> *Pipeline TD*
> *Fido*Rosenlundsgatan 36
> 118 53 Stockholm, Sweden
> www.fido.se

David "kraptor" Anes Alcolea
* @kraptor <http://twitter.com/kraptor> @simlaps
<http://twitter.com/simlaps>
* linkedin.com/in/davidanes
* kraptor.com | simlaps.com | 900grados.es
<http://simlaps.com>