[PySide] Let's get serious for Pyside to support Qt5

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Thu Dec 11 15:55:58 CET 2014

David Anes wrote:
> Unfortunately my experience says that we, as a opensource community,
> can not rely on companies. Today a company is willing to help,
> tomorrow not... too volatile.
>
> I would prefer a sane opensource project that doesn't depend on big
> companies. But this is only my humble (and possible dumb) opinion :D

A lot of work that goes into open source projects is actually done by
people working at companies and paid for their work, but it's often
difficult to get those same companies to pledge formal support, to
donate money, or sometimes even to admit that they are using the open
source component.  And yes they are fickle... PySide certainly got hurt
by that after being dumped by Nokia in a way that made it hard to
salvage some of the docs and associated info.

- Stephan