[PySide] Let's get serious for Pyside to support Qt5

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Thu Dec 11 15:52:30 CET 2014

Florian Bruhin wrote:
>> Is pyside currently only community driven or is there any association or
>> >  company behind, that could organize that.
>
> According to the Wikipedia page it was released by Nokia, so probably
> Digia / The Qt Company would be the one to contact nowadays.

That's the formal entity behind PySide, mainly just because they
inherited it from Nokia with the rest of Qt.  I think they have little
interest and don't do any work on PySide.  I don't think there's any
requirement they are involved with any kickstarter or similar campaign.
That would be between the people wanting to do that work and the crowd
funders.  The result can, but does not have to be, merged back into the
official PySide.

- Stephan