[PySide] PySide and the nuitka python compiler

Vincent Barrielle vincent.barrielle at m4x.org
Wed Feb 5 10:57:02 CET 2014

Hello Jon,

On Tuesday 04 February 2014 15:28:09 you wrote:
> * Could you write tests for this functionality?  I think you can use
> instances of classes with a __call__ method to simulate the behavior.

Sure, I can try and write some tests for that. I'll keep you posted.

> * Does this change how methods are handled?  In PySide (following how
> C++ Qt works) if a method of a QObject is connected as a callback, it is
> disconnected when the method's object is destroyed.

I don't know yet, I guess it depends on whether the codepath that provides
this functionality makes use of PyMethod_Check(). Is there a test for this? If
yes, then I will run both with and without my patch, under CPython and Nuitka,
and check if there's a fix needed.

> I'm curious, does PySide's test suite work under Nuitka?

I didn't try, but that can be done if there's a way to run PySide's test suite
using a specified python implementation, then I guess I can try and run them
using nuitka-run.

Regards,

Vincent