[PySide] Shiboken Large Address Bug

Tony Barbieri greatrgb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 00:52:30 CET 2014

Not the most elegant solution but it seems that unsigned long long is
already an acceptable primitive supported by shiboken.  I really have no
clue how to add in new primitive types or the implications that involves.
 Would this be a suitable solution for the next official release until more
time can be devoted to fixing it properly?

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Matthew Woehlke <
mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 2014-02-06 16:04, Tony Barbieri wrote:
> > It would be great if we could get this fixed.  It's kind of a biggie for
> > us.  I would help out but I really don't know where to start.  If I find
> > the time I'll try to take a crack at it.
>
> Alas, the same (both your knowledge and time points) is true for me :-).
> At least, I might have a better /general/ knowledge of the code base,
> but not these specifics.
>
> That said, my main concern would be what (if any) compatibility
> implications a change will have (e.g. I think it may require that
> existing bindings are regenerated and rebuild, or else they will have
> runtime errors), and to what extent that's a concern vs. acceptable to
> address the issue. (Maybe leaving the old function, marked deprecated,
> and adding an overload with the correct signature could fix the issue
> without a BIC.)
>
> --
> Matthew

-tony