[PySide] Shiboken Large Address Bug

Luc-Eric Rousseau lucericml at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 03:59:28 CET 2014

we have used unsigned long long in our build (Autodesk Maya), as stated here:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-191

you could make that signature ifdef'ed to only occur on windows x64 if
you're worried about binary compatibility. There are very few 64-bit
python/qt/pyside users on Windows, as proven by how long this code has
been around.   Nobody else is affected.  But on windows x64, it's
totally broken and the bug will happen all the time on WIndows 8,
because it's started to allocate memory above the 4 gig fold by
default.