[PySide] PySide and the nuitka python compiler

Vincent Barrielle vincent.barrielle at m4x.org
Mon Feb 10 11:43:17 CET 2014

Hello,

On Tuesday 04 February 2014 15:28:09 you wrote:
> I'm curious, does PySide's test suite work under Nuitka?

Running the tests using my previous patches resulted in lots of failed tests,
so I've been rewritting my patches in order to fix these. You'll find attached
patches replacing the precedent ones, that solve some troubles under nuitka
(not all of them though), but do not affect the normal path too much (there are
one shiboken and one pyside tests that no longer pass). I intend to to
investigate these non-passing tests, but this makes this set of patches more
reliable than the previous one.

These patches also include the possibility to run PySide's tests under nuitka,
so anyone willing to test is welcome.

The current status is that 50% of pyside tests pass when run under nuitka.
Even though this looks like a bad score, it enabled me to run a moderately
complicated GUI app under nuitka.

Best,

Vincent