[PySide] QHostInfo.lookupHost

Steven Payne gliblib247 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 17:14:34 CEST 2014

I’m migrating an application that needs to go through a host lookup for a given host name. I can see that QHostInfo.lookupHost is documented but in the typesystem_network.xml document, the definition for QHostInfo includes this modification:

<modify-function signature=“lookupHost(QString,QObject*, const char*)” access=“private”/>

Is there a reason that this method is declared private? I have changed it to public, recompiled, and had success but for long term support of the application, I would like it if this method could be public in the general release.

Thanks,
Steve