[PySide] Struggling to get PySide to work

Christoff Kok christoff.kok at ex-mente.co.za
Fri Jul 25 11:53:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to test PySide but I am struggling to get the tutorial:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Category:LanguageBindings::PySide::Shiboken::PySide_Binding_Generation_Tutorial
to work. I am at the step trying to generate the python files for the C++
code.

My purpose is to generate a python interface from C++ code.

I could not find shiboken with the PySide installation so I tried to build
it from source. I got the following error:
Built target shiboken
[ 98%]
Running generator for 'shiboken'...
shibokenmodule\CMakeFiles\shibokenmodule.dir\build.make:55: recipe for
target 'shibokenmodule/shiboken/shiboken_module_wrapper.cpp' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [shibokenmodule/shiboken/shiboken_module_wrapper.cpp]
Error -1073741511
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:336: recipe for target
'shibokenmodule/CMakeFiles/shibokenmodule.dir/all' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [shibokenmodule/CMakeFiles/shibokenmodule.dir/all]
Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Error compiling shiboken

Please help.