[PySide] pyside and pycharm

Michael Slater michael.slater at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:02:47 CEST 2014

I made a simple 'pst.py' (hello world) program inside Pycharm.   When I run it, it crashes with:

	"Qt internal error: qt_menu.nib could not be loaded. The .nib file should be placed in QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/  or in the resources directory of your application bundle."

Inside PyCharm, from an Python Console, all the modules look available:
>>>     print(PySide.QtCore.qVersion())
4.7.4
>>> print(PySide.__version__)
1.1.2

So I went to the terminal and tried running the same program from the command line using 'python.app' and 'pythonw.'  The program worked fine using both {{python.app}} and {{pythonw}}   If I used just {{python pst.py}}, I got the same crash.

vt102:dBaseProject sloter$ python.app pst.py
vt102:dBaseProject sloter$ which python.app
/Users/sloter/anaconda/bin/python.app

vt102:dBaseProject sloter$ pythonw pst.py
vt102:dBaseProject sloter$ which pythonw
/Users/sloter/anaconda/bin/pythonw

I think that PyCharm IDE is using the same path (Users/sloter/anaconda/bin/)   for the Python interpreter.

I watched a youtube video where a guy wrote a very similar program inside PyCharm and then ran inside Pycharm and things worked fine.

So any ideas what I need to change to enable me to develop PySide/QT program entirely inside PyCharm?

Thanks

ps here's the cost for   'pst.py' that I tried to run

{{#!/Users/sloter/anaconda/bin/python

# Import PySide classes
import sys
from PySide.QtCore import *