[PySide] Installing Pyside to repo in PYTHONPATH - not python install site-packages

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:20:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to make PySide available to others at work (Windows 7) by moving
it from C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages (where pip installed it for me
locally) to a location in our PYTHONPATH.

Others are however getting an error when they try: from Pyside import
QtCore.

I moved the following directories:
PySide
pysideuic
PySide-1.2.2.dist-info

I've looked through C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages and system32 for files I
might have missed, and have read this for insights:
https://github.com/PySide/pyside-setup/blob/master/setup.py

At this stage I was hoping someone might be able to offer suggestions as to
why this obviously wouldn't work...

Thanks!

Cheers