[PySide] Another Qt5 ETA question..

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Mon May 12 16:43:45 CEST 2014

On 5/7/14, 12:57 PM, João Ventura wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> are there any efforts being made by PySide members about Qt5? In another
> thread
> (http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/pyside/2014-April/002030.html)
> Christian Tismer mentioned that he was starting over on PySide 5, so is
> anything being discussed somewhere?

There isn't any detailed plan to add Qt5 support at this point.  I think
Christian may be looking at what such a plan might look like.  Any help
with PySide would be appreciated; working with the existing code base
would be a good way to learn about the internals so that you can help
with adding Qt5 support.  Realistically, though, working with the
internals does require working with C++.

There is also a development list for pyside at
pyside-dev at googlegroups.com for discussion of pyside internals.

Thanks,

John