[PySide] Status of API Extractor

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:48:53 CEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM, John Ehresman <jpe at wingware.com> wrote:
> On 10/2/14, 3:18 PM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>>
>> It looks like API Extractor is no longer alive. I've updated broken
>> links to its documentation on wiki page. It is said that it is no
>> longer needed, so was it just abandoned or is it merged into Shiboken?
>>
>> http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_API_Extractor
>
> It was merged into shiboken.

Thanks for clarification. I wonder where is the documentation for the
typesystem now?
http://pyside.github.io/docs/shiboken/contents.html
I can see it on old API Extractor pages:
http://pyside.github.io/docs/api-extractor/typesystem.html
but it is not linked from anywhere. Is it still actual?

>> And how does this diagram look like now? It mentions API Extractor. Is
>> it actual?
>> http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Binding_Generator
>
> The components in the top diagram are all within shiboken; I'd consider them
> implementation details of the shiboken generator.

Looks like this wiki page needs an update for that.
--
anatoly t.