[PySide] Have application listen for certain key strokes while out of focus (such as multi-media keys)

Jeff Hoogland JeffHoogland at linux.com
Sat Oct 4 01:38:46 CEST 2014

I’m working on creating an application that plays music and I would like to
have the ability for the application to have hotkeys for triggering
play/pause/next track/volume up/down while it is out of focus (by default
via multi-media keys).

Does anyone know if there is a good example out there somewhere of how you
would have PySide listen for defined key combinations to trigger such
events?

I’ve been looking online with no luck.

--
~Jeff Hoogland <http://jeffhoogland.com/>