[PySide] PySide Is Dead?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 9 18:46:49 CET 2015

* Stephan Deibel <sdeibel at wingware.com> [2015-02-09 11:06:58 -0500]:
> Robert Vinluan wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.  I've been using PySide/Qt4 for a bit now and
> > it's working great!
> >
> > But I'm also interested to know about future development -- is it just
> > stalled or is it completely off the table?  And why?
> >
> > Plus I'm also interested to know about the PySide community.  Is there
> > still enough support or is everyone already moving on to something
> > else, i.e. PyQt?  I know that's a tough question to answer but wanted
> > to get some thoughts on this.
>
> I think that current users are on Qt4 and don't have immediate plans to
> move to Qt5 so that work isn't being done.  It'll happen when someone
> gets to that point.

Note however Qt4-support should already have run out, and will
definitely run out December of this year:

http://blog.qt.io/blog/2014/11/27/qt-4-8-x-support-to-be-extended-for-another-year/

So unless someone gets PySide to work with Qt5 this year (which I
really hope will happen!) I don't see a too bright future for PySide
unfortunately...

Florian