[PySide] Let's get serious for Pyside to support Qt5

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Sat Jan 3 23:12:42 CET 2015

On 28/12/14 20:24, peter_karasev at keysight.com wrote:
> Can the whole shiboken-instead-of-boost-python thing be revisited?  It is a huge PITA to interface through shiboken when you have a C++ application using QT and you provide some boost-python wrappers or have legacy C-python wrappers for domain-specific code. The way shiboken+pyside are structured now, you are in for a world of pain when embedding python in a native QT application as opposed to driving the app from python scripts.

For the benefit of the conversation, this link is a useful one:
http://setanta.wordpress.com/binding-c/

I'd love to see such stuff being added to something like xdress:
http://xdress.org/, building on the pile of existing work that exists in
this area. Essentially the existing libshiboken is used in conjunction
with a more sane binding generation tool.

Cheers,

Henry