[PySide] Ann: porting PySide to Qt5

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Jul 10 16:25:32 CEST 2015

Hi Mathew,

On 10.07.15 15:27, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> On 2015-07-09 16:45, Christian Tismer wrote:
>> There is someone intensively working on porting PySide to Qt5,
>> with some help from Autodesk.
> Awesome! This is excellent news!
>
>> I started end of May and am still very busy to get the most
>> important modules to compile.
> Did you have any problems with *shiboken* and Qt5? Hopefully not; we
> pushed a bunch of patches for that a little while back (that were
> accepted and merged) and it seems to work for us.

I used the official shiboken repos and had of course some problems,
but compared with the huge amount of work on PySide, this was
more like a warm-up.
My shiboken version works fine after patching a few things.
There are of course some errors which show only up with Qt5, which
I circumvented, and it works for me.

> I don't know if or how much I'll be able to be involved personally,
> though I will certainly benefit from this work. There's another group I
> sometimes work with that might also get involved.
>
> Again, great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot! Please let me know if some group might help.
This is a bit too much for one person.

Also, if you have personal hints, please let me know.
There is, for instance, the question where I should put the
issue tracker, and where things get merged into. If somebody
like you can simply give me advice, that would simplify my
life a lot ;-)

cheers - Chris

Christian Tismer             :^)   tismer at stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 121     :     http://www.pydica.net/
14482 Potsdam                :     GPG key -> 0xFB7BEE0E
phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023