[PySide] using QProcess to run python function

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Jul 23 09:22:00 CEST 2015

(disclaimer: I didn't read your whole quoted private discussion as
this seems to be the first mail going to the pyside mailinglist)

* Frank Rueter | OHUfx <frank at ohufx.com> [2015-07-23 16:05:05 +1200]:
> [...]
> The question is how do I emit the stdout from dummyFunction() while it's
> running (it takes a minute or so to finish all sorts of tasks)? Do I have to
> move it to an extra thread again and connect to that?

There are some solutions I can imagine for this - but it all really
depends on how dummyFunction() looks and how it prints to stdout.

(Can't you just make it do something more sane than printing to
stdout?)

Florian