[PySide] using QProcess to run python function

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Jul 23 23:17:52 CEST 2015

Hi Florian,
thanks for the reply. This entire thread was posted here, not sure why
it wouldn't show up for you.

 >>it all really depends on how dummyFunction() looks and how it prints
to stdout.
It's python code that calls calls other python code which eventually
calls external image processing programs to do some heavy lifting, which
print their progress to stdout. E.g.:
dummyFunction() calls fucntionA() which calls fucntionB() which runs the
external program via Popen.subprocess.

I'm happy to restructure a bit as long as the functions that deal with
managing the external program stay non-QT so they can be used via
command line without QT present.

Cheers,
frank

--