[PySide] PySide 2.0.0.dev0 build issue

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 19:52:30 CEST 2015

On 9/2/2015 9:48 PM, E Smitty wrote:
> Well, did you compile Python 2.7.9 yourself? Because it is incompatible with
> extensions compiled with Visual Studio 2013.

Well, that was certainly something that might have caused a problem, but it
wasn't causing these specific issues.  Using Python 2.7.10 built using VS2013,
I still get the error about a "doc" target when using jom:

      [100%] Built target shibokenmodule
      Generating Shiboken documentation shiboken...
      Running process: E:\jom_1_0_16\jom.exe doc
      Error: Target doc doesn't exist.
      error: Error generating documentation shiboken

and the link error when I switch back to "nmake":

      Linking CXX shared module ..\QtCore.pyd
         Creating library QtCore.lib and object QtCore.exp

      qtcore_module_wrapper.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: int __cdecl QString::toWCharArray(unsigned
short *)const " (__imp_?toWCharArray at QString@@QEBAHPEAG at Z) referenced in
function "struct _object * __cdecl QStringRef_CppToPython_QStringRef(void
const *)" (?QStringRef_CppToPython_QStringRef@@YAPEAU_object@@PEBX at Z)

      ..\QtCore.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Does anybody know what specific version of Qt PySide 2.0.0.dev0 is only
developed against?  This particular method (QString::toWCharArray) has exactly
the same signature in both Qt 5.4.2 and 5.5.0, so there wasn't a change
between those two versions.