[PySide] PySide 2.0.0.dev0 build issue

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Sep 4 06:38:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

but you know that this is not ready for use, yet?
Don't use install, use

    python setup.py develop --ignore-git --qmake=...

The problems that you have are known, and right now I have the following
work-arounds:

1. Yom problem:

This only happens on Windows, and I don't know the reason, yet.
but this works (hackish):

Do a build without yom, but kill the job as soon as shiboken is built.
Then, create a file in the pyside-build dir named "shiboken-off", right
beneath
the subfolder "shiboken".

Then start the same build command with yom. This time, setup.py will skip
the faulty shiboken part.

2. Link problem:

This is a known problem that was also existent on Pyside 1.2.2/Qt4.8.
For some reason, the Pyside devs decided in 2010 to add the option
"/Zc:wchar_t-". On windows, that means that you have to build your own Qt5,
which takes many hours.

For the moment, you can switch to the branch "qt5-win-fix" and build
again.

In any case, there are still some serious problems that are a showstopper
for any use, because internal protocols are not completely adjusted.
For instance, the implementation of dynamicmetaobject.cpp ist completely
broken,
and this crashes any instantiation of a widget.

I am currently in the debugging phase and can use a lot of help.

Cheers - Chris