[PySide] PySide 1.2.3 and up VS 2013 instead of 2010 ?

Renaud Talon renaudtalon at fusefx.com
Mon Feb 1 20:14:52 CET 2016

Hi, does anyone know why 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 wheels (and possible future release) are compiled using VS2013 instead of VS2010 like it use to be.

On windows we get the following error message when importing the Pyside module:
"The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

We can install the proper visual studio re-dist to fix the issue but shouldn't PySide be compiled using VS2010 (like it use to be before 1.2.3) since the official Python Binaries for windows are compiled using 2010 as-well ?

The issue is prevents us from upgrading to anything above 1.2.2 right now.
Thanks,

Renaud