[PySide] capturing a simple "gesture" e.g. for scaling

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Sun Feb 14 06:39:39 CET 2016

Hi all,

I am keen to figure out how I can create a mode that will output the
result of a simple gesture, such as a horizonal or vertical drag.
This is not for phones/tablets, but rather for "invisible sliders",
where the user can press a hotkey to go into a certain "mode", then
click/drag to perform a certain action (such as scaling or drawing a
line on the screen).

First I was thinking about an invisible widget that opens in full screen
and grabs the mouse event, but that seemed rather brute force and ugly.
Then I saw the docs for QGestureEvent but the examples I found are
sparse and all in C++. I'd be happy to explore those more but I'm not
sure if I'm even on the right track here.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,
frank

--
ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com> 	*vfx compositing