[PySide] trouble with special characters in widget.setToolTip()

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Mar 3 06:16:27 CET 2016

Hm, I'm not having much luck. Apparently my tooltip and default font is
Lucida Grande when running the code inside Wing, which should be able to
display quotation marks. I tried changing the font to Verdana, as that
is what my host application is using (where I get the corrcet
characters), but to no avail.
I tried using QtGui.QToolTip.setFont() and QApplication().setFont() but
I was still left with the wrong characters.

Any more ideas?

Cheers,
frank