[PySide] QLabel crops pixmap

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Fri Mar 11 07:46:59 CET 2016

Hi,

I have been using something like the below code on osx without trouble
(simple QLabel with setPixmap to show an svg file from my resource module).

When running the same code on windows, the label crops the image on the
right, and I cannot figure out how to make it behave the same as under
osx (adjust to the pixmap's size). Even brudte forcing it's width to
somethign much larger than the pixmap will still result in a cropped
display.

Does anybody know what might be going on?

Cheers, frank

import common

from PySide.QtGui import * # for testing only

from PySide.QtCore import * # for testing only

class TestImageLabel(QLabel):

def __init__(self, parent=None):

super(TestImageLabel, self).__init__(parent)

self.pm = common.IconCache.getPixmap('nuBridge_logo')

self.setPixmap(self.pm)

def showEvent(self, e):

super(TestImageLabel, self).showEvent(e)

print self.pm.width()

print self.width()

w = TestImageLabel()

w.show()